Up: Affine Geometry and
Previous: Change of Basis
- we want to rotate around an arbitrary point
- Could derive a more general transformation matrix ...
- Alternative idea: Compose simple transformations
- Translate P to origin
- Rotate around origin
- Translate origin back to P
- The the desired transformation is
- Note where P maps: to P.
- Won't compute these matrices analytically;
Just use the basic transformations,
and run the matrix multiply numerically.
- Order is important!
Readings: Hearn and Baker, Section 5-3;
Red book, 5.4;
White book, 5.3
CS488/688: Introduction to Interactive Computer Graphics
University of Waterloo
Computer Graphics Lab