Next: Summary of Geometric
Previous: Euclidean Space
- Cartesian Space:
An Euclidean space with an standard orthonormal frame
- Specify the Standard Frame as
- As defined previously, points and vectors are
- Different objects.
- Have different operations.
- Behave differently under transformation.
- Use an ``an extra coordinate'':
- 0 for vectors: means
- 1 for points: means
- Later we'll see other ways to view the fourth coordinate.
Coordinates have no meaning without an associated frame!
- Sometimes we'll omit the extra coordinate ...
point or vector by context.
- Sometimes we may not state the frame ...
the Standard Frame is assumed.
CS488/688: Introduction to Interactive Computer Graphics
University of Waterloo
Computer Graphics Lab