Next: Reflection vs. Illumination
Up: CS488/688 Lecture Notes
- Energy physics...
- Radiance: the flux of light energy in a given direction
- Geometry/Visibility: how light energy falls upon a surface
- BRDF: the interaction function of a surface point with light
- Energy Balance Equation: the local balance of energy in a scene
- Hacks for interaction at a point...
- Ambient: approximating the global energy
- Lambertian: approximating the diffuse interaction
- Phong: approximating the specular interaction
CS488/688: Introduction to Interactive Computer Graphics
University of Waterloo
Computer Graphics Lab