Previous: The Graphics Rendering
- Models composed of large number of geometric primitives.
- The only rendering primitives typically supported in hardware are
- Points (single pixels)
- Line Segments
- Polygons (often restricted to convex polygons).
- Modelling primitives include these, but also
- Piecewise polynomial (spline) curves
- Piecewise polynomial (spline) surfaces
- Implicit surfaces (quadrics, blobbies, etc)
- Software renderer may support modelling
primitives directly, or may convert into
polygonal or linear approximations for hardware rendering.
CS488/688: Introduction to Interactive Computer Graphics
University of Waterloo
Computer Graphics Lab