Next: Transformation Matrix Animation
Up: Issues in Automated
Previous: Spline Interpolation
Different spline types will have different tradeoffs and
- Give automatic continuity control,
but only approximate their control points.
- Non-uniform B-splines:
- Are needed to break continuity.
- Non-uniform Rational B-splines (NURBS):
Provide additional local control over the shape of
- Bézier splines:
Require additional information for each segment
and do not automatically maintain
continuity. However, they do interpolate the
ends of segments.
- Hermite splines:
- Require tangent vectors at each
- Catmull-Rom splines:
- Provide only first
- Provide automatic continuity,
control over the tangent and approximate arc length
of each segment.
CS488/688: Introduction to Interactive Computer Graphics
University of Waterloo
Computer Graphics Lab