Next: Spline Types and
Up: Issues in Automated
Previous: Velocity Control
Instead of linear interpolation, spline interpolation can be used.
- Continuity control can be obtained.
- Fewer keyframes may be required for a given level of ``quality''.
- Control points for the splines may have to be computed
based on interpolation constraints at the control points.
- Extra information may be required at keyframes, such as tangent
- Splines are more expensive to evaluate.
- Splines are more difficult to implement.
CS488/688: Introduction to Interactive Computer Graphics
University of Waterloo
Computer Graphics Lab