Next: How a Monitor
Up: Device Independence
Previous: Device Independence
- Calligraphic Display Devices
draw polygon and line segments directly:
- Direct Beam Control CRTs
- Laser Light Projection Systems
- Raster Display Devices
- represent an image as a regular grid
- Each sample is usually called a pixel or, less
commonly, a pel.
- Both are short for picture element.
- Rendering requires rasterization algorithms to quickly
determine a sampled
representation of geometric primitives.
CS488/688: Introduction to Interactive Computer Graphics
University of Waterloo
Computer Graphics Lab