Next: Linear Interpolation
Up: Issues in Automated
Previous: Utility of Key
An independent scalar function is specified for each ``keyframed'' parameter.
- Functional animation is a basic capability that supports all others.
- Most useful for truly scalar quantities: brightness of a light
source, for example.
- Splines are useful for representing functions.
- Continuity control is a must: both its automatic maintenance and
- The functions can be edited both explicitly, as
graphs, or implicitly, through a direct manipulation interface.
CS488/688: Introduction to Interactive Computer Graphics
University of Waterloo
Computer Graphics Lab