Next: Issues in Automated
Up: Traditional 2D Cel
Previous: Traditional 2D Cel
- Traditional animation is labor intensive.
- Start with story board.
- Master artist draw keyframes to define action.
- Sweat-shop artists draw inbetween frames to complete animation.
- A few traditional animiation rules:
- Stretch and squash to show motion (anti-aliasing)
- Be careful with camera
- Smooth changes
- Few changes
- Disney was the most successful, but it was high risk.
CS488/688: Introduction to Interactive Computer Graphics
University of Waterloo
Computer Graphics Lab