Up: Orientation and Quaternions
Previous: Orientation and Quaternions
Interpolation of orientation should proceed indirectly by
interpolation of angles rather than transformation matrices.
- In two dimensions
- only one angle is involved
- animation is straightforward.
- In three dimensions
- three angles are involved
- topology is that of a sphere in four dimensions
- interpolation is much nastier and harder to visualize.
CS488/688: Introduction to Interactive Computer Graphics
University of Waterloo
Computer Graphics Lab