- We already saw one ASCII format (for the ray tracer)
- Data structure for this is simple:
- Array of points (triples of floats)
- Array of faces, with pointers to points
Compact, simple to get face information
- Space efficient
- Easy to generate, parse, build data structure
- Vertex neighbors?
- Modify the data structure?
Example: What if we want to know faces surround a vertex?
Radiosity might want this
- Solution: For each point, have a list of pointers to surrounding faces.
- Can use same ASCII input format
- Build lists when reading data
Question: Where do these lists come from?
- Problems still remain: